It’s been a lovely week in the world of body love! How
could it not be, with all the sparkly femme Barbie vibes in the air. 95% of my
brain power is currently taken up planning my outfit for the movies tonight! Speaking
of frilly! Plus, I feel like I’ve fully reclaimed the pool, and they even added
a lap lane!
After all those useful and painful paragraphs last week,
making lazy art with pretty stuff feels like a balm. This is the first piece of
fancy, grown-up lingerie I bought for myself, and the shift in mindset is
almost as powerful as when I realized I could find new songs for myself without
boys making me mixtapes! (Oooh but remember the Princely One’s dreamy Afrobeat
picks though!? Let me now get swoonily sidetracked…)
The cups are a size too big, but as soon as I tried it
on last Friday, I knew I didn’t want to be separated from this gorgeousness
long enough to make an exchange. I love lingerie so much—the tulle feels so cool
and delicate against my sweaty summer skin. The lace and embroidery and so shiny
and tickly and exciting! Like the dear ropes, it’s like a hug I can give
myself, just softer and less crafty/labor-intensive.
After I took the pictures though, sadness settled over
me instead of horniness. I’ve been lonely these past few weeks, friends are
away and there’s been a few too many (sometimes some is too many) “On
This Day” reminders from last summer. The thing about these self-hugs is that
they relax me into all different kinds of releases.
So instead of getting out the toys or hitting the
search terms, I turned out the light, pulled the comforter over my fancy self,
squeezed my Snorlax Squishmallow, and felt all the things.
Because And Just Like That has a new season, I remembered that I’m already familiar with this feeling—remember Carrie sad in a Paris hotel bed, swirled in that Versace gown?
Just like that but gorgeously fat and under forty bucks. Though I was sad, a warmth traveled through my body, concentrated on my heart and soul. This is what it’s like to love myself! And my dating break is over in just three days!

No comments:
Post a Comment