Part of my Fat Liberation process has been learning
that I’m worthy of beautiful and specific clothes. For most of my life, my
choices have been so limited and now suddenly there are choices! And there are
beautiful, sexy fat people all over my socials. My gorgeous city even has its
own facebook community specifically for practicing/celebrating/enjoying our fat
bodies.
I’ve already written so much about what The Shy One’s beautiful
Christmastime box of all different lingerie meant to me, but the abundance of
it is really so profound. As a fat woman, some parts of beauty and pleasure
have long felt unavailable to me and now, suddenly, there it all is!
Last week, after Dumb Fatphobic Lap Lane Thing
happened at the pool, I asked my body what I could do to pay her back for all
the things she puts up with, all the things she is and does for me. And in that
moment, the Instagram algorithm did its knowing-me-too-well-sometimes thing and
showed me a beautiful pool-blue, floral embroidered babydoll set. I definitely
clicked through! You can see it next Friday!
Over the past month or so, I’ve been working my way through
the Christmas lingerie box, enjoying, then sleeping in, then gently washing,
then hanging up Marie-Kondo-neatly each beautiful set. This was one of the
things I wished for as I set out on my grief journey back in February, and now the
time is here! Oh Frilly Things, we’ve made it! We lived!
Plus, I have plenty of other cute slutty stuff in my collection!
So on Fridays, I’ll show you a glimpse of how cute I
am when I’m loving myself! I hope you enjoy it, I know I will!

No comments:
Post a Comment