Friday, August 4, 2023

Frilly Friday: Hi Barbie! And a New Friend for The Drawer!

 


I made this nightie part of my going-to-see-the-Barbie-movie, along with a turquoise sports bra (This has been my summer of Sports Bra as Shirt! It feels so good, especially the breeze on my shoulders!) and a long pink tutu. Barbie night was one of the happiest nights of my life, one I still don’t have the chill to put into words.

Last night was a happy one too! I was gonna use a picture I already had this week, but the old picture didn’t have the amount of over-the-top femmeness I wanted, so oh darn I had to put it on!

I wasn’t really in the mood for a self-date, I was headachey, pondering a graduation from Summer Therapist (I did it this morning! I’m really proud and it might be a good story for another day!) and I was working on a puzzle that was making my brain itch. (That fucker went back in the box this morning, unfinished! I’ll put a warning sticky note when I drop it off at the Little Free Puzzle Library!)

But by the time I had the picture the way I wanted it (I literally JUST learned how to use the timer on my camera’s phone. In the year of our lord 2023. Better late than never?) the soft lace had worked its magic on me. The push-pull of the day left my body and time slowed down. The power of pink lace got me present.

I haven’t been able to find my rose quartz face roller anywhere, so I bought a new one a few weeks ago—I didn’t realize I’d gotten a vibrating one! I had it on the nightstand waiting for relaxation purposes, so this was the perfect time. It felt like such a lovely release for my poor tense face! And when I got to my mouth, it changed to a different kind of release!

I’m sad that I don’t have anybody to kiss at the moment (Just turned the apps back on Monday!) but it’s cool to think of ways to include my mouth in self-love times! I definitely slept well last night and I woke up full of sass and forward momentum and optimism.



No comments:

Post a Comment