"He’s not a pet, he’s a bird who flew in by mistake." That’s what I told myself in a dream last Saturday
morning. In the dream I was talking about an actual bird, sort of a muted,
pastel painted bunting, but I knew right away who dream-me was talking about.
In a span of a few days, The Song Sender had gone from an actual-date-offering,
text-attentive Sir to barely passing the Turing Test.
There was truly some beautifulness between the aftercare
panic-and-flee of our second date, the un-break-off that I initiated, and the
true end on Wednesday night, when I probably should have been practicing my
knots instead. I’m equal parts irritated to be spilling more paragraphs on him
and ecstatic to have so much to say.
I’m even sort of comforted knowing there are a few
people out there (Looking at you, Steampunk Guy!) who truly cause me to take
leave of my senses. Not in a cute, aw I’m crazy about you sense, but the actual
departure of my mind. This time, thankfully, I guess my mind hadn’t gone TOO
far away.
I was surprised at how amenable he was to making an
aftercare plan. He even signed the paper during our dinner in a
nearly-completely-empty pho place. But, he was even harder than usual to talk
to, and he said there would be a little more negotiating to do when we got to
my car.
He told me that he didn’t have space in his life for
something as intense as I wanted, that we could only be really casual, if at all.
The reason for the robo-boy texting was at least partly because a lady who’s
subbier, easier, and less available (just cheating on her fiancée rather than
expecting anything relationshippy or, you know, ethically non-monogamous) had
popped back into his life.
I mean, as has been THOROUGHLY documented here, The
Song Sender is actually pretty awful, he really is, but I thought, why not? Why
not get dominated once a month or so and free myself from endlessly worrying
about the tone of his texts, endlessly worrying that he was forgetting me. It
seemed fine.
So I took him home and it was..fine. The hair pulling
and the “pretty little slut” and worrying about bruises but not too much. He
kept “forgetting” that my right arm has been broken and dislocated and can’t deal
with quite as much manhandling as the rest of me. That fucker was definitely
going to dislocate my wrist someday if we’d kept on.
In between finishing himself off and getting up to
pee, he asked me if the song Goodbye Horses was on the makeout mix I’d
made us. I listened to a few notes while he was in the loo and deemed it
perfect, until he was like “It’s time for a movie moment, I have to show you
this clip from Silence of the Lambs.
“UH, maybe AFTER aftercare?”
Sadistic or just stupid? Maybe both. I stayed
this-is-fine cool and did my aftercare steps, and they simmered me right down.
And then there was the clip, in all its lotion-in-basket, rotten, viciously transphobic
horror.
“All these queer kids going around liking this song
ironically, or unironically,” he said, “Not realizing this is where it’s from.”
Honestly, fuck you FOREVER. I still stayed cool. I had
on my slutty-brave armor and it would NOT be disrupted by this fool. We lay
there semi-snuggling and looking at each other’s Feeld profiles. It was kinda
fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment