Last weekend, I was lounging on the (regular) beach with Rainbow Pal when they asked, “So did you and (The Song Sender) bond over it being Kate Bush Summer?”
Not really—it’s hard to believe that TSS lives in the
same universe with something as sweet and sincere as Stranger Things. I
had to admit, too, that for TSS Part Two, (Electric Boogaloo), I was the only
one sending songs. Supersigh.
Then, THE NEXT DAY, in just the same shoulda-wished-for-a
million-dollars way that The Song Sender had appeared in real life after my
subby-nostalgia convo with Rainbow Pal at the beginning of the summer, I found
myself sitting beside the river at night making a new playlist on a first date!
I wasn’t even sure I was ready to try someone new. I
was still mopey/traumatized about The Song Sender and I’m still processing all
the goodness with The Shy One. Still, I was charmed that this nice elder millennial
had picked an out-in-the-world date instead of a couch one, and that his
username was another word for spiritual joy, so I picked out an outfit and
rallied. So glad I did.
He met me at my favorite bridge and was, like most
people are, cuter than his profile picture. A little shorter than me, with dark
hair and those fluffy eyelashes I can never resist. Columbian, he’d tell me
later. He was wearing a shirt that said “Mordor”—you know I can’t resist the grumpy
boys.
The walking and talking and playlist-making were
PERFECT. I mean, other than having to hear boy-opinions about Captain Marvel. I
thought it was so cute when he ruled out The Smiths from our playlist, since
Morrissey grew up to be a nightmare.
But the best part was when we sat in my car a moment
to say goodnight. This is usually when I would bring a first date home, but I
had to get up early Monday morning. I had assumed I was going to dominate him,
but he turned out to be a wonderful instigator. He started with a firm former-massage-therapist
(!) touch on my arm, asking how to care for my tricky right arm during d/s
situations.
Then he was all like “But you want it here, don’t
you,” then went for the back of my neck, where the sub switch is!
He kissed me so insistently that I thought I would
never get away, never stop, never sleep that night or any night. He was so
powerfully in charge that it took me SEVERAL ardent tries to pry myself away
and say goodnight. Not sure what happens next, but WHOA what a first date.

No comments:
Post a Comment