You’d think I’d know by now, after two years of getting shocking amounts of well-being from friends-and-family Zooms, that video chats can result in profound warmth! That’s what happened last Thursday night when I caught up with Mr. Sweetheart after nine long years!
I maybe should also stop being surprised at the way
people I’ve loved can stay in my body! It was a very chaste catch-up (I would
have to go on quite an internal journey to get to using video chat for
sexytimes! But I bet I can get there.) It only took a few minutes of talking to
him, for my body to remember what it was like to be tangled up with Mr.
Sweetheart—I felt the heat all the way down to my spine, a long-forgotten
Tantric-ish magic.
We both had breakups in May, his from a more serious,
long-term relationship, but we bonded over being heartbreak twinsies. The relationship
he was processing had been (maybe at her request?) monogamous, so he was antsy
to get out into the poly world again. Definitely know that feeling!
His sluttily-proactive idea was to make a list of
twenty people he might be able to snuggle with and just start reaching out. I
was tempted to do the same, but with a 20-sided die. (Which I have because I
teach math, I don’t suddenly have enough imagination to D&D!)
I tried a list, expanding it to include not just
snuggles but apologies-owed and estranged friends. I got to twenty, but only about
five of them were even a little bit advisable, so I’ll keep leaving my
adventures to Feeld and fate. (And hoping the Cute Guy at the Car Place someday
gets his act together.
I guess Mr. Sweetheart felt some of the same
past/present warmth, because he asked if we could be in each other’s maybe
piles. I said an unequivocal YES. He lives like 6 states away, but we’ve put
monthly video chats on the calendar. I could see going to visit him and REALLY
MAKING THE MOST of some summer weekend. I’ve already relaxed into his body
again, so there’s lots of fun to hope for.
Best of all, he’s going to join me in my knot-learning
quest! He’s already an excellent rope top (I VIVIDLY remember a REALLY good
handle…) but it hadn’t occurred to him that he could be practicing on himself.
I’m so pleased to be a good bad influence. Let the Summer of (Knotty) Romance
proceed!

No comments:
Post a Comment