Saturday, September 10, 2022

Mr. Adorkable and the Ropes: Part One

 


I am so far behind on my blogging. The last few weeks have been such a flood of cuteness, it’s hard to put into words! So I set a timer, put on the lo-fi mix, and I’m ready to start telling you about Mr. Adorkable.

I met him on Feeld, of course, swiped right because his big smile and cute glasses reminded me of The Boy Who Sewed Me a Pillow, but dommier. He mentioned ropes, he’s switchy like me, and he had excellent texting game. He was my inbox company for a couple days while I was on a solo mini-vacation in the mountains. He used a lot of exclamation points! Enthusiasm is one of the dreamiest things in the world.

The cute goth boy from my last hot first date didn’t stick around, but he did inspire me to stop being such a lazy couch-dater all the time. Mr. Adorkable chose us a quiet bar on one of the artsier streets near me. We chose the quar-era outdoor seating even though it was a humid and drizzly night—sultry. Romantic. Private for talking about what we might like to do to each other.

The waitress, who wore glitter around her eyes, said our drinks looked good together. I had a strawberry mojito, he had something I don’t remember. I thought we looked good together, I already felt like a match before we took the first sip.

Again with the cute glasses, except this time they were a bright blue that matched my dress. He was quippy and energetic and silly and so easy to banter with. Oh! Good banter will get me every time. He matched my complete lack of chill, my delight, note for note.

OF COURSE I was going to invite him home with me. After my adventures with The Song Sender, I’d been hankering to get dominated, but in a more playful and kinder way. Mr. Adorkable seemed more than amenable. Plus, he admitted to being kinda goth, so I had just the playlist.

Before we get to snuggletown, though, the other thing that really endeared him to me was his relationship structure! He is out to his family and friends, and he and his wife try to avoid hierarchy as much as possible. His other partner seemed to be part of his life in deep and everyday ways. He even showed me a picture of the other partner hanging out with him and son! Superswoon at the cozy possibilities—my poly heart grew butterfly wings and fluttered up into the sky.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment