Monday, February 7, 2022

The Good Boy, Part One

 

This is the part where I’m afraid I’m gonna write a good thing out of existence. For me, there’s warm feelings. For him, there’s a bouquet of New Things and he’s not sure what it is, just that he likes it. This is the part where I want to RUN, either at him, or away. I asked BFF-Formerly-Sweetie if I should say goodbye now to keep my heart from getting broken, and she said “(My name) it’s too late.”

So let me make the paragraphs happen even though I might be heartbroken by the last installment. Otherwise, I’m just getting too far behind.

When I saw that we’d matched on Feeld, his sweet, sincere face, his shiny eyes, and the fact that he listed “sub” under his interests, all those factors meant I kinda had to say hello. After my now-boilerplate screening questions (Vaccinated? Allergic to cats? Smoke cigarettes? (Weed is fine.) Somewhere to the left of Joseph Robinette Biden?) I asked if he might like to try ropes, and that was pretty much that.

The Good Boy is a very sweet texter, and before we met in person, I started to float up towards a new kind of rope-top confidence. He felt proctectable, deferent, and dear. This exchange felt so much kinder, safer, and more sincere than the more rough, businesslike text negotiations I also sometimes enjoy. I slipped into cozy-Ma’amness in just a few days. We’d planned two dates before we even had one.

He's twenty-nine, brand-new to any kind of poly relationships (His main partner…onboarded? him not too long ago.) or kink. In spite of the inexperience, though, he’s very adept at the parts of dating that make partners feel like human beings. (Last night, (two dates in) I was feeling supersleepy and he text-reminded me to make sure I slept in bed and not the couch. Kind.)

The day of our first date (couch/ropes/pink wine), I realized I’d run out of Valentine chocolate and asked him to bring me some. Somehow, that ask was a million times more vulnerable than talking about ropes. But he did. He brought a pink heart full of pink heart chocolates.

After a nice long talk on the couch with our wine, it was time to take him upstairs for ropes. I’ll try to get that part into words soon, I promise.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment