Thanksgiving was so much lovelier than I could’ve
hoped for. Talking to my sister about the fancy garden break-off gave me some
much needed perspective, as did just getting the heck out of town. Today, I
made some gentle moves toward Whoever Is Next, but longing for This Charming
Man is making me so blue. So I’m typing to lo-fi and disentangling the
lost-love feelings.
Conventional thought says that hot sex can be
distracting from seeing someone for who they really are, can keep us from
powering along to better matches and more-fulfilled expectations. That’s
certainly true in this case, but I think the opposite is also true.
Sometimes, I think, bodies know how to love in ways
that hearts and minds can’t translate, aren’t ready to see, or just can’t fit
into the rest of day-to-day life. Knowing who This Charming Man and I really
are, the fact that we connected in ANY way, let alone a (to me at least)
spiritually meaningful way, is a MIRACLE. It was a miracle created by the
wisdom of bodies. (Okay, yes, also by the wisdom or post-quar horniness, and
the not-wisdom-but-welcome break I took from screening for politics.)
The first time I felt him inside me, after ropes and
so much other cuteness on our daytime second date, the FIT of him was uncanny.
I do partly mean the physical fit—if I could write symphonies to his long,
friendly, and eternally hard dick I would. But there was also, I felt, an
emotional sliding-together. A rightness. A made-for-each-other. (Wait, is this
how women who are used to PIV sex more than I am feel all the time? Is this
swirl of attachments and emotions and chemicals something most people just know
how to navigate?)
Even (especially) as he pulled my hair and I bit and
twisted and sucked his nipples, I felt drawn into his heart, into tenderness
and sweet team effort. Every kiss and touch and graze and handhold felt like a
recognition, a welcoming home. You were made for me. We were assembled out of
stardust and Hentai and playlists and national emergencies to care for each
other in those hours, in those weeks.
Yes I know. Oxytocin is strong stuff. But so is love
and fate and wet, slippery magnetism.
He was exceedingly PRESENT. He felt both entirely in
service of my pleasure and SO turned on. Miracle, miracle, miracle. On our
handful of nights together, whole albums went by, looped around once, twice.
Long playlists weren’t long enough, the music only sometimes had to be tended
to while we played, so easily.

No comments:
Post a Comment