Wednesday, April 16, 2025

OMG!! Briefly Unbored By Dating!!! Part One


 

I'm (saltily!) reporting a major victory! I felt totally gaga about someone! Someone who was neither my memory of The Shy One or my still-vexingly beautiful Blue Ribbon Work Crush!

Last Monday night, I was getting ready to go into my Codependents Anonymous meeting when I saw a cute misunderstanding in my dating inbox:

"Okay, when does your meeting get done, I'll come see you!" 

I was touched by that! He was slightly out of town so it would have been an effort! But I've been working a lot of hours these days and there was no way I was going to be in the mood for anything after the meeting besides having a couple of gummies and going to bed!

I righted the misunderstanding and gave him my number so we could chat after. There he was in my texts when I got home! Big smile emoji!

"How was the meeting?" He asked, and because he'd said something earlier about transparency, I told him what kind of meeting it was. 

"Tell me more," he said! And I did. I told him why I'm in Coda, and also let him know that I'm being treated for OCD and am likely on the autism spectrum. (Here's the test I took, it's supposed to be pretty reliable: https://embrace-autism.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/ )

All of that felt pretty nuts to tell him, definitely against the everybody-try-and-be-chill rules of dating, but it felt really good to disclose those aspects of myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment