![]() |
| Please send good luck that this therapist will remain a match! The last one I tried used the phrase "sister wives" in reference to poly. She'd said some helpful stuff before that though! |
Last Thursday was a two-date day, and I was excited
about both! I was meeting the Guy With a Big Telescope for lunch at Emotionally
Neutral Diner, and then Le Monsieur was picking me up (in his faaaaancy car) in
the evening to come visit his new apartment. I felt horny and shiny and new,
amazing how the optimism always shines through.
GWBT was sooooo cute, just the right combination of
grown-up and boyish. (He’s 39.) I liked him because his profile mentioned the
possibility of stargazing dates, perfect for summer! The big telescope is not a
euphemism, he really sent a picture! He was hesitant about the writing-about-stuff
aspect of things, but otherwise seemed like he might be a lovely match!
GWBT had warm vibes and was such a gentleman, even
offering to have them make me a to-go order in case my French toast didn’t end
up being filling enough. Less charming was when he watched out the window as a
lady parallel parked, critiquing her entire process.
Still, SO cute. He loved to travel and talked about
wanting to whisk me away for a weekend sometime. He was installing a new speaker
system in his car just in time for beach trips. (He mocked his current system
for having not just a CD player but a TAPE DECK, and I felt envious because I
just have a CD player in mine.)
(Side note: Many things are uncertain, but it’s very
clear to me that I would like to not be the one doing all the driving in my
next relationship.)
Anyway, he was a somewhat plausible catch until:
He: I like your first date outfit, can’t wait to see
what you’ll wear on our tenth date!
(Okay I like this line.)
Me: It’s cute that you’d think I’d wear clothes on our
tenth date!
Okay, I was being a little obnoxious, but he literally
said:
“Shhh!” and looked around like we were going to get in
trouble.
I’ve had enough of that particular look-around for this
lifetime and the next. And shushing on a first date!

No comments:
Post a Comment