Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Awesome Calendar Item: Reading Smut Out Loud

Of course the naked times get most of the credit on here, but I just wanted to stop and celebrate the thing that's been doing me such a consistent amount of good: our monthly local erotic reading. Of course getting to read posts in public appeals to my showoffy nature and lets me re-experience awesome stuff, but listening to other sex writers is what fortifies me the most.

Yesterday I came home from work completely zapped in body and spirit, but I nudged myself along, put on lipstick and went. For some reason a lot of the women last night were on the theme of reclaiming and celebrating sexuality after trauma, and I had to high-five them all. My body filled up with chi and love and pride and I felt all of the worries of the day and the years float away. I'm so proud to be in it with those girls, with all the girls, with all the people, kicking the crappy stuff's ass by being as authentically and gorgeously slutty as we can manage. Am I allowed to say "go us" to posts in a row?


No comments:

Post a Comment