Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy Friday/Song of the Week: My Kink Life as "Thrift Shop"

So (if you're an amazingly wonderful reader of mine) you might remember "Thrift Shop" playing at an awesome plot-point over the summer, and it's been one of my favorite swagger songs ever since. Lately I've been listening to it on the way to work every morning thinking about how it's a good way to approach life in general and kink specifically. Though I'm clearly a very goal-oriented and fairly type-A person, I find that I'm happiest lately when I'm trusting synchronicity, getting superexcited about the experiences I find for their own sake, and just assuming that something really fucking awesome is going to happen. It can't be like that all the time, but jeez, I've found some finds.

Plus, it's nice to be doing it my own way--I'll never fit in everywhere but I'd rather be the flannel zebra jammies than the fifty dollar T-shirt any day!

All the luck and love for your weekend adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment